- WSU's First Lady Jacqueline Wilson Launches HIGH Program
- In 2013, Jacqueline Wilson, Wayne State University’s first lady,...
- News Archive
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- The Clothesline Project
- September 24 2014 at 11:00 AMStudent CenterThe Clothesline Project is a visual display that bears witness to the violence against women. Each shirt is decorated to represent a particular woman's experience. The purpose of the project is three-fold: To bear witness to survivors and victims of the war against women. To help with the healing process for people who have lost a loved one or are survivors of this violence. To educate, document, and raise society's awareness of the extent of the problem of violence against women. Please join us to create a T-shirt showing your support. All art supplies and T-shirts will be provided. All T-shirts created at this event will be displayed at the Undergraduate Library as part of The WSU Clothesline Project during the month of October to commemorate Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Click here or on the image above to download the flyer.
- Build Your Championship Career Team
- September 25 2014 at 12:00 PMUndergraduate Library, David AdamanyThe Career Development Committee of the WSU President's Commission on the Status of Women (COSW) invites you to join us for an interactive discussion regarding assembling a team of mentors and advisor to support, challenge, and inspire you to career success. To register: Log in to Pipeline Click on this link: https://www.eaa.wayne.edu/event_new/session_registration.cfm?eid=1504 Click here here or on the image below to download the flyer.
- Silent Witness Project
- October 1 2014Various locations around the WSU campusIn commemoration of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, COSW will present the international Silent Witness project throughout the month of October. Silent Witness is the visual representation of victims of domestic violence. Individual, life-sized red figures representing men, women, and children murdered in acts of domestic violence in the state of Michigan will be on display around campus. Figures include breastplate shields sharing victims’ names and stories.
- The Pledge Project
- October 2 2014 at 11:00 AMGullen Mall Flag CourtAll hands on deck! Come participate in The Pledge Project and demonstrate your commitment to anti-violence initiatives. By putting your handprints on the banner, you and other participants will help create a visual statement against violence. Join COSW in pledging not to use your hands to hurt another person. Click here or on the image below to download the flyer.
- More Events
Follow Us On: Facebook