- WSU's First Lady Jacqueline Wilson Launches HIGH Program
- In 2013, Jacqueline Wilson, Wayne State University’s first lady,...
- News Archive
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Take Back the Night Logo Competition 2015
- January 25 2015 at 12:00 AMN/AWould you like to use your creative abilities to create positive change in our community? Are you interested in being part of a movement to raise awareness about sexual assault? If so, the WSU President's Commission on the Status of Women (COSW) and First Step encourage you to participate in the 2015 Take Back the Night Logo Competition, a program aimed at engaging the WSU campus and community in expressing their creativity and commitment to help end violence against women. The winning logo will be used on event buttons and announcement for our annual Take Back the Night Event in April. For more information, review the flyer or the competition details
- Human Trafficking Forum
- February 10 2015 at 5:30 PMStudent CenterThe President's Commission on the Status of Women, WSU student organizations Not for Sale Campaign and Heavenly Hope International, and the Soroptimist Group of Grosse Pointe invite you to attend a Human Trafficking Forum on Tuesday, February 10, 2015, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. Join us for an important conversation about raising awareness about human/sex trafficking, action being taken to end it in our state, and how you can advocate against it. Panelists include the following: Kelly Carter, State of Michigan Blanche Cook, Wayne State University Law School David Manville, Eastern Michigan University Deena Policicchio, Alternatives for Girls Topics to be discussed include: A Survivor Story Trafficking Legislation Perpetrators' Perspectives Trafficking & Technology Resources Light refreshments will be served. Click here to download the flyer.
- More Events
Follow Us On: Facebook