- WSU's First Lady Jacqueline Wilson Launches HIGH Program
- In 2013, Jacqueline Wilson, Wayne State University’s first lady,...
- News Archive
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Silent Witness Project
- October 2 2014Various locations around the WSU campusIn commemoration of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, COSW will present the international Silent Witness project throughout the month of October. Silent Witness is the visual representation of victims of domestic violence. Individual, life-sized red silhouettes representing men, women, and children murdered in acts of domestic violence in the state of Michigan will be on display around campus. Silhouettes include breastplate shields sharing victims’ names and stories.
- The Pledge Project
- October 2 2014 at 11:00 AMGullen Mall Flag CourtAll hands on deck! Come participate in The Pledge Project and demonstrate your commitment to anti-violence initiatives. By putting your handprints on the banner, you and other participants will help create a visual statement against violence. Join COSW in pledging not to use your hands to hurt another person. Click here or on the image below to download the flyer.
- NO MORE Photo Booth
- October 29 2014 at 11:00 AMGullen Mall Flag CourtCome learn about the NO MORE Campaign and have your photo taken with the NO MORE sign. Bring a friend! Although Domestic Violence Awareness Month is ending, the fight to end domestic violence and sexual assault never does. The NO MORE campaign promotes using a new national symbol to express support for ending domestic violence and sexual assault in our society. The goal is to use this new symbol to help spark a national dialogue and move the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault higher on the public’s agenda.
- More Events
Follow Us On: Facebook